Author Topic: 05/19/12 - Stroud Drifting with Friction Motorsports  (Read 1118 times)

Lrn2Go

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Smooth Trooper loves yo momma's flap-jacks!
    • View Profile
    • Lrn2Go.com
05/19/12 - Stroud Drifting with Friction Motorsports
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:29:31 am »
Posted by Gary with Friction Motorsports -

Where: 300 Tanger Dr. Stroud, Ok

"10:00am gates open to the public.
9:00am – Driver check-in
9:30am – Driver’s Meeting: I’ll go over the rules, give a few tips, we’ll Drive the course at 10:00. This will be a good time for questions.
4:30pm – End of Oklahoma Drift practice – Shut down and clean up

Car requirements
PLEASE PRINT OFF THE TECH INSPECTION SHEET AND BRING IT WITH YOU THE DAY OF THE EVENT!!!!

THIS FORM IS AVAILABLE IN THE DOCUMENTS SECTION, WHERE THE PHOTOS AND REGISTRATION IS.

TIRE CHANGER WILL BE ONSITE.

Rules
• Please be courteous to all local speed limit signs and show courtesy to the people in Area when you drive through town. You’re representing Friction Motor Sports and its sponsors, we need to keep a good name for ourselves so that we can continue to use the venue in the future. In other words, the drifting stops when you leave the lot!!!

• Please adhere to a 10mph rule when you’re not on the course.

• Drivers must be 17 or older and posses a valid driver’s license.

• Snell approved helmet required. Helmet must be in good condition and show no signs of damage.

DRIVERS: You will have a full day of seat time available. The only limitation is your tires and your vehicle. Be sure you print off and review the Tech Inspection sheet (above) and bring it with you to the event. Also bring a helmet, some spare wheels and tires, basic tools, and a good attitude!
Spectators/Photographers: There is elevated areas on 3 sides of the lot where buildings once stood, which is perfect for watching and taking pictures.

These events are very laid back, so bring some lawn chairs, sunscreen, and a cooler. If you like to hang out with cool people who love cars, then you’ll have a blast!"

'91 Chevy Corvette - And the "Frankenstein" s13 is :spend: under construction!

Brazle

• Noob!
    • View Profile
Re: 05/19/12 - Stroud Drifting with Friction Motorsports
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »
I am planning on going. How did it all go down last time? (what time did you leave OKC, get there, and what time did you all get done and get home?)

Prepare to be dazzled by Brazle in the drifting Datsun.

Lrn2Go

• Administrator
  • Smooth Trooper loves yo momma's flap-jacks!
    • View Profile
    • Lrn2Go.com
Re: 05/19/12 - Stroud Drifting with Friction Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »
If I recall... we rolled out from Sonic on NW expressway at 8am. It's definitely a drive, and I recommend bringing a cooler and some water... plus sunscreen. And a helmet if you have it.

We shut the place down... and when me and Paul were finished putting up cones it was around 5-5:30ish... then about an hours drive home.

I'll be there and be bringing the canopy/tent thing, and a chair for myself to enjoy sitting in. I'll have my own helmet, and my gopro available for anybody that wants to record their run.

'91 Chevy Corvette - And the "Frankenstein" s13 is :spend: under construction!